Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tungkod and Hotshot's Adventures

Tungkod_and_hotshots_1

What you gonna do when after a leg fracture operation, you have been confined for a long, tiring, decay-inducing  6 months in your house (Yes a house arrest of sort, I have to check my sanity after it) - Well, yearn of drifting farther from the limited space that you got. How about going up North? (with in Mindanao of coarse) Why not?
Well everything seem to fall into places accordingly. I got a 4-day compulsory leave from work. Compulsory because it would end up forfeited after the year ends (scheduled VL is a good reason for leave request, now question that) and I badly needed a break from the truckloads of work at the pier (and I mean truckloads literally).
Fortunately I got enough money to finance the “expedition”. It’s just a week that I collected my share of our cooperative’s annual dividend. And thank-God, the stars seemed aligned to my zodiac and favored me greatly, Doming, along-time friend now based in Butuan is pretty familiar with the routes I’m planning to traverse.  Huh, am I lucky or what? Paulo Coelho should be right when he wrote in the Alchemist that when you want something, all the universe conspire in helping you to achieve it
Before the trip I solicited ideas from friends on cool places to explore. I shy away from the net because it is always short on giving first hand account of the scenic spots.
Topping the list was Camiguin for its enchanting old Island appeal, magnificent hot springs, white sands and pristine beaches.
Second was Surigao for its very cheap fresh and sea water fish dishes (also one of the cleanest cities in the country) and great beaches of course. Somebody suggested that I could also visit the open pit mining in the area. For Christ sake, how come such destruction becomes a tourist attraction?
The runners up were Iligan City (for Maria Christina and Tinago falls) and Marawi (for the MSU campus and Lanao Lake).
What did I chose? All! With just 5 days in my hands, this will be a tight schedule I know.
Tagging along were the ever reliable duo, the All-mighty Tungkod and the carry-it-all-sumakay-ka-pa Hotshots, I just crossed my fingers that I will pull this one out, always keeping in mind Paulo Coelho’s insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment